Thursday, November 27, 2014

Levon









Hi! It’s me, Keaton again. Last week I told you about myself and a little bit about Levon. If you remember, Levon is a Silver Bengal, that’s him in the picture. I hate to admit it, but he’s pretty darn good looking too. Sometimes he likes to play the ‘leave me alone’ game, but he’s a people lover! Usually, he can’t get enough attention. If you’re sitting down at the table, desk, or the sofa he’s right there rubbing up against you. And if you start stroking him, look out because he’ll just keep turning around and sticking his head against your hand! It’s disgusting if you ask me. If he were a celebrity he’d be a camera hog!
                                                                                             
Oh, here’s another thing about him. If he thinks you’ve done something wrong, he’ll let you know about it! A few months ago, the dogs Bristol and Roscoe had a litter of puppies. Our masters couldn’t let the puppies stay outside, or even go outside at first. So they kept them inside, inside a huge wooden frame so they’d be contained. Here’s the problem; the room they were keep in was the room we only shared with the Chinchillas which isn’t a problem because they’re caged. But these puppies were whining constantly every time Bristol was away from them. And they defecated all the time. When they got big enough, they started getting out of their box. You can imagine the mess that created.

I tolerated it alright, but Levon sure didn’t. Mind you, that room was also where our litter box was located. So, in retaliation, Levon started doing his ‘business’ wherever he wanted to. That usually meant ‘going’ on the masters laid out clothing, furniture or even their bed! I’d just laugh and shake my head about it, but boy did that upset Annette. She threatened to let someone adopt him a few times. If you’re thinking about getting a cat, especially a hybrid breed like we are, remember, retaliation is quite common. You’ll have to keep a routine with us, and try not to change it. Cats will let you know they’re upset in one way or another and usually it’s in the form of something they know you won’t like.

Everything seems to be fine now though. All of the puppies have been adopted and the adult male is being trained to be inside the house without bothering us, although it is still only overnight and he’s in a kennel at bed time. Otherwise he’s kept outside in the fenced yard. I think that’s a good thing because that dog is hyper! Even though he doesn’t mean to bother us, I think he just wants to play, he’s freaking 100 pounds! He stalks us all the time he’s inside the house and not in his kennel. Thank goodness we’re all quick and can jump high!

Well the sun is out and shining in through the front window. That’s one of my favorite spots to sleep. I think I’ll go lie on the back of the sofa and let the sun warm me up. The next time I’ll tell you about Jasmine, the Snow Bengal. What a character she is! In the mean time take a look at Dons other blog, Royal Family Curse, and and Annettes blog, Annettes JIC

No comments:

Post a Comment